Once again we’re back on the eastcoast, Massachussetts to be exact, with none other than hip-hop artist JG STAXZ ! Check out her video « Roll Up » produced by TristanOnTheTrack below, and the full interview with the « Mixtape Addict » team in France :
- Who is your favorite female DJ ?
Honestly I don’t know too many female DJs but Angie Martinez definitely a favorite but the only one I’ve really sat and listened to effortlessly.
- Do you have a all time favorite mixtape that you can mention ?
Tommy Pocketz always had good mixtapes but he is my producer so lol I guess I would like it.
- Where are you from and what is your story ? How did you get into hip-hop ?
I’m from Springfield MA in the US, I’ve always wrote poems and music but I was always too shy to actually take it to the next level. I’ve linked up with my producer Tommy Pocketz he liked my ideas and my songs and he encouraged me to lay down a track.
- What do you think about the role of females in the rap industry ? Who influenced you ?
I’m pretty much a throw back rap artist lover so I was influenced by EVE, Foxy Brown, MC Lyte, of course Lil Kim. I like the way Nikki, Cardi and Miss Malato body their songs. Nikki‘s bars and delivery are my favorite definitely
- What are your plans to get bigger with your music ?
I just plan to continue to write and create music with different ideas. I want to be liked and loved through my music, I write things I feel people men and women can relate to, times are hard and we all go through shit so I try to express these feelings through my music.
- To you, how important is being an entrepreneur as an independent artist ?
I actually LOVE the entrepreneur life. If I was to sign I’d probably sign label to label, not artist to label.
- Who’s your favorite hip-hop entrepreneur ?
Young MA definitely, you can tell she is about her business and her money. Lil Baby too I think he is still independent if I’m not mistaken
- If you had to pick two of your fav producers to work on a EP, who would you choose ?
DJ Khaled & Swizz Beatz.
- What’s your recipe to make a good project from start to finish ?
Picking all good beats that bang first.
- If you could collab with an artist, who would that be ?
- If you had 3 words to define yourself as an artist, what would you say ?
Sexy, gangsta, relatable.
- Do you have any words of advice for the young female artists that want to follow the same path ?
Yes go for it !! Do it cause your voice means enough to be heard ! You can be you and you don’t have to follow the trend ! Be your own trend and your own brand. Go get it kill it sis! Spend that lash and nail money on studio time and invest in yourself. It all pays off in the end just be about your business sis ! Bless up.
FOLLOW JG STAXZ :
IG : @JG_Staxz
Twitter : @JGStaxz