Hip-Hop duo « Be-You » consists of Jimmy Black aka The Journey Man (Born in Toledo, Ohio) and Tef Kaluminoti (born in York, PA). From opening shows for Jay-Z or Migos, to releasing movies on Amazon Prime (« Savage Genesis« ) or developing their career between the U.S and Africa, the dynamic duo BE-YOU is here to stay. We had the chance to sit down with them and ask them a few « Mixtape Addict » questions ! Check out the interview below, and the new video « Blue Cheese » :
- Who is your all time favorite DJ ?
Don’t really have 1 but my favorites are DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Jam Master Jay, DJ Scratch.
- When was the first time you heard about a mixtape and what’s the most memorable tape you can remember ?
Can’t remember which mixtape it was but the Dj was Dj Ron G.
- How did you get into the hip-hop scene ?
I got into hip-hop professionally at the age of 14.
- What made you want to take it seriously ?
The day we realized hip hop could be a career !
- What are you working on right now and what can we expect from you in 2021 ?
Currently we are working on our EP plus a movie called “Realityville”.
- Where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years ? And what are your plans to get bigger ?
We see ourself very successful, music, more movies an more extensions of our brand.
- If you had to pick two of your fav producers to work on a EP who would you choose ?
Our picks would be EJ & Ablaze.
- Who is your favorite hip-hop entrepreneur and why ?
Besides our self we would say Tech 9, Rick Ross, Yo Gotti.
- What’s your playlist right now? What are you listening to ?
To be honest we stay in our own zone trying to get get better with our styles.
- If you had 3 words to define yourself as an artist, what would you say ?
We would say, Fearless, Intelligent, Talented
- Any words of advice for the young upcoming artists ?
Yea. We would like to say, the game has changed, artist have more power then ever, stay true to yourself, an always BE You.
FOLLOW BE-YOU ON SOCIAL MEDIA :