At the Mixtape Addict headquarters, we’re fans of dope punchlines and grimey NY rap. You like that too ? Well, look no further because here is Snooze Daily, from the Big Apple. He recently dropped a new banger produced by Slizzow, and we’ve had the chance to sit down with him for an interview. Check out the discussion, and his new video for « Oh Lawd » below :
- Who is your all time favorite DJ ?
My two favorite DJ’s are Jam Master Jay and DJ Premier !
- When was the first time you heard about a mixtape ?
The first time was when hearing DJ Doo Wop and Tony Touch.
- How did you get into the hip-hop scene ? What made you want to take it seriously ?
I first got into hip-hop as an artist through Crack Val from I.G.T, they used to be signed by Loud Records. My boy told me we were going to blow one day, unfortunately he passed away in 2017 and he had me hyped !
- How do you see the future of boom bap ?
The future of boom bap depends on the artist making it. You have to make it appealing, there’s a lot of people who still want that type of hip hop.
- If you had to pick two producers to work on a EP who would you choose ?
I’ve worked with Fantom Of The Beat already so my answer is a little different, but I would like Dr Dre and Swizz to collab on one, and The RZA and DJ Premier to do the second half.
- Who is your favorite hip-hop entrepreneur and why ?
My favorite entrepreneur would be Jay-Z, because of the way he built his own empire with his team.
- What are your plans to get bigger in the future ?
To get bigger, just be me and let the people decide how big they want me to get. The music got me here so I’ll let it take me where I want to go, and that’s just to live comfortable and just make music.
- If you had 3 words to define yourself as an artist, what would you say ?
Three words to define me would be Soulful, Passionate and Dedicated.
- What’s your playlist right now ?
My playlist is a mixture of artists : Method Man & Redman, Jay-Z, De La Soul, Nas, DMX, The LOX, J Cole, Kendrick, Joell Ortiz, Royce Da 5’9, Busta Rhymes, Lil Baby, Da Baby, 50 Cent…
- Any words of advice for the young upcoming artists ?
For the upcoming artists, believe in your craft, treat it as your job and build you a team that will tell you the truth. If it’s wack they should tell you, they should be your cheerleaders and support you. Sometimes your team is built off people you didn’t even begin with, so just work hard and invest in yourself. Don’t wait for nobody to help you.
FOLLOW SNOOZE DAILY ON SOCIAL MEDIAS :